- Cyanogenmod is shutting down.
- LineageOS works.
- this post is about switching to LineageOS. Their documentation is pretty awesome and my old complaints are not true anymore. :D
- verify your keys, because anyone can create keys:
for digital signatures to make any sense, we must ensure that the public keys we use for signature verification are indeed the original ones.
- I chose to transfer pictures and contacts to my laptop.
- I know my most important apps, but think it is handy to have a list (export your settings and feeds beforehand).
- boot into recovery and backup with twrp, then transfer the backup to another device.
adb backupseems somehow broken :(
- I have a OnePlus, so I downloaded bacon:
- check the sig (SHA256!!).
- find the docs
- OpenGapps (I chose to download it from GitHub directly, because OpenGapps uses http) (and md5)
- Su (check sig:
keytool -list -printcert -jarfile addons*.zip)
- Fdroid (see steps below)
- download fdroid
- import the fdroid key:
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --search-keys firstname.lastname@example.org
- The primary key fingerprint
37D2 C987 89D8 3119 4839 4E3E 41E7 044E 1DBA 2E89(see wiki) has to match the output of
- check that the signature matches:
gpg --verify org.fdroid.fdroid_102150.apk.asc org.fdroid.fdroid_102150.apk
- antennapod (get feeds from backup)
- terminal emulator
- move certs
Google Play Store
- I wanted to start fresh and wiped media and everything else.
- I checked all the apps to match the gpg signature (sha-256).
- I then created md5sums that can be checked by the installer (and checked that the matched the official md5).
- and pushed the files:
for i in ./*.apk ./*.zip ./*.md5; do adb push $i /sdcard/; done
- then I installed them, lineage first, gapps second, su last.
- enable privacy guard by default
- enable installation of apps from untrusted sources
- install fdroid by opening the apk
- import contacts and calendars
- add certificate with cadroid
- configure davdroid
- allow apps to gain root
- update adblock filterlists
- configure firefox settings and sync
- configure whatsapp and signal
- configure antennapod
- remove transfered apps and files
- perform a backup of your fresh system with twrp :D